Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Slovak Girls



Question: 
How do you make an entire class of Slovak college students smile?
Answer:
Tell them that your college age son thinks European girls have way more style than Americans!

This morning I met with my Communications class at the University of Zilina. It was a meet and greet kind of class where I introduced myself to them and they to me. We talked about why I came to Slovakia, my family, my wife, and one student even wanted to know how I proposed to my wife (it was in the kitchen and I think she thought it pretty unromantic).

Anyway, before we got down to talking about the upcoming semester, with grades and exams and essays and vocabulary words (I'll share that with them next week) we talked about ourselves and I offered Matt's now famous quote. They whooped!  A few girls clapped,  and one even said "We are!"

It was a fun moment. One of many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment