Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Copenhagen Airport


It sounds so welcoming when they say the word. COPE -N- hagen. They place all the emphasis on the first syllable. I liked the sound of the pilot's voice--a woman's voice for a woman pilot. 

The plane was late 8 minutes. I had to go through customs and move from B terminal to A terminal. At least that's what the screen on the plane instructed me to do. Half way down the A corridor they changed the gate and the terminal from A to C. I missed my connection to Dusseldorf--DOOOS-EL-dorf. It sounds fine but not as welcoming as COPE -N- hagen.

I was told that 55 passengers made the flight and that I would have to pay for the difference. Tough luck...I walked to slow. So, I went down and claimed my baggage and met Karl, a SAS supervisor, who walked me through the red tape. He told them the plane was late and to give me another flight at no charge. "Welcome to COPE -N-hagen" he said "and while your here have a strawberry apple smoothie at the juice stand. They taste terrific."

I did. It did. Welcome... to COPE -N- hagen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment