Friday, March 2, 2012

Bank + Coffee

Out of money I walked down the street searching for a cash machine. It was morning. I wanted coffee. Hot, rich, wake me up in the morning coffee. But I was out of cash. I needed some money so I could buy the coffee.

Imagine my response when I saw this sign on the building. A bank? A coffee shop? In one building. Starbucks should catch on to this gig.

I opened the door. I smelled the coffee aroma. I heard the swirling sound of the barista steaming the milk. I watched as he poured it over the carmel colored espresso. Yum!

It was too good to be true. I was a customer. No other bank for me. No sir. This bank was MY bank. I walked up to the clerk and withdrew some euros. Then I walked 9 steps to the barista. I ordered a bagel, cream cheese and cappuccino. I paid for it with my crisp, clean money.  I slipped into a bar chair near a high top table.  It was perfect.

In some ways it reflects the new Europe. No borders and barriers with the new European Union. You travel seamlessly across borders without the necessity of changing passports or currency. I like it, just like my coffee.
I



No comments:

Post a Comment