Sunday, March 11, 2012

SK SLAVIA FOTBALL



The  match was a tie at 0-0 but the action was definitely on the side of the home team: SK SLAVIA PRAHA. 


Taking the tram from my hotel was a snap. A simple trip on route 22 that travels through lovely neighborhoods and crosses the bridge east of the Charles Bridge was terrific. For a moment I could see five bridges across the river. The ride lasted 42 minutes, about the time of a half of fotbal.


My ticket was cheap  but perfect!  I was placed nine rows back from the goal of the defending team. We had 11 shots on goal the first half. One of the shots went high of the net and over my head by about a foot. 


A young man next to me, named Dominik,  was Matt's age and his father had been the keeper for the SK Slavia. Since I was in the end zone, everyone was standing up and singing their songs, waving their hands, and jumping around like  the UW games at third quarter. It was really a lot of  fun and although the stadium seats 22,000 there were probably only two thousand people at the game--and they all sat with me, behind the keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment